Two weeks ago I went dropped a blog and went live about my depression. There were 6 different things that I decided I would do to help me overcome my depression. Before we get into that I do have something to say.
If you are a spiritual person and you’re trying to fight a battle (no matter what it is). Remember that you can’t fight it alone. Through this process, I realized I needed God to help me through this. I couldn’t just win this one on my own no matter what I did. So I not only completed those 6 things but I woke up daily with God on my mind and went to sleep praying. To get through any mental health you need a support system and again if you spiritual put God first in every aspect of your life. You will begin to see your winnings.
Out of the 6 tasks I stated I would do to overcome my depression I didn’t complete one of them. Due to me moving I was only able to make it to the gym once before I had to cancel my membership. However, I did lose more weight. I do plan on getting a gym membership when I get situated so that I can actually become active. I will also be around people who can go to the gym with me. Those results are still in the making. All of the other tasks I completed and it honestly wasn’t easy because I’ve been sick for a week and a half.
- Daily Affirmations: I began posting and writing out daily affirmations. Those affirmations turned into letters or small notes to me daily. I had to figure out ways to uplift myself throughout the day and make sure that I was staying motivated. Sometimes reading them would have me super emotional because I began to believe what I was actually writing. I know I want more in life. Those daily notes kept me grounded and showed me that if I keep speaking this way its possible.
- John Worts Vitamins: There was a difference when I began to take these. I had a bit more energy. However, working 12-hour shifts, rebranding, being a mom and moving caused that energy to be sucked up quickly. I was still tired after so long. I’m going to continue especially because my circumstances will be different. I also have to make sure I’m not affecting my blood sugar taking this vitamin.
- Positive Conversations: I was able to laugh more. Positivity will bring out the happiness in you. I was able to think clearly and have a positive response to things. I also learned more about business and preparing for what’s to come. Changing conversations helped change my mind.
- Journal & Pray: Journaling helps me channel any negative energy. Instead of talking about it I just write it out. The writing part allows me to think past the surface and deeper into the situation. Any time I speak on anything negative I allow it to manifest life. Prayer has put me brought me so much clarity and peace. Praying is the way I connect spiritually. Also, I know that the things I pray about will come to past.
- GET OUT THE HOUSE: This was somewhat hard for me because I work so much. But I was able to take time and spend it with others. I went to the movies, birthday parties, and just went to other people houses to spend time. Realizing that I was laughing more and smiling more. Sometimes being in the house can be depressing.
This was an interesting time doing these things and learning what will work and what doesn’t work. In the midst of this time, I also relocated to a different state. So, I’ve been able to manage my depression and focus on my move. I feel at peace now. I’m still implementing these things into my life. I will let you know if something stops working for me. My environment changes so that can also play a big part in me overcoming my depression.
Thank you for reading and being patient with me. If you suffer from mental health don’t hesitate to email me and we can just chat. Email: email@example.com